Potomac Hospitality Services ("PHS") guarantees that PHS-branded websites will have the best room rate for any PHS hotel ("Best Rate Guarantee"). This Best Rate Guarantee applies to reservations for guest rooms at any hotel and other transient stay facilities owned, managed or franchised by PHS and/or its subsidiaries. PHS-branded websites include theriverinn.com, thecirclehotel.com, gwuinn.com, virginiansuites.com, monticellohoteldc.com, thequincy.com, tidewaterinn.com, and windsorhotel.com (collectively, "PHS-branded Websites"). For a claim to be valid under this Best Rate Guarantee, it must satisfy all of the terms and conditions herein (the “Terms and Conditions”) and be submitted in compliance with the claims processing procedures set forth below.
- Subject to compliance with all Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions, if you find and advise the hotels reservations office of a currently available lower, published, available room rate for the same PHS Hotel, for the same room type and bed type, and for the same dates and number of guests (the "Competing Rate"), 24 hours prior to, or within 24 hours after, making a reservation on a PHS-branded Website, the PHS Hotel will honor the Competing Rate, along with the best rate guarantee reward of an additional ten percent (10%) discount off the Competing Rate.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to taxes, gratuities, or any additional resort or guest charges or fees that may apply at PHS Hotels.
Available Room Types
- The Best Rate Guarantee applies to a competing room type that is substantially similar to a room type that can be booked on a PHS-branded Website. Competing room types have features that include, but are not limited to, similar views, amenities, bedding, and room size as determined by PHS Hotel in its sole discretion ("Competing Room"). If the PHS-branded Websites do not have a substantially similar room type to the Competing Room, the PHS Hotel, in its sole discretion, may honor the rate for the Competing Room with applicable rate limitations, plus a Best Rate Guarantee Reward, provided such claim meets all other Terms and Conditions.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to any rates from opaque providers including, but not limited to, Priceline.com or Hotwire.com. An opaque provider is any entity or service that prevents the buyer from obtaining information relating to available hotel rooms until after the buyer has guaranteed payment ("Opaque Provider"). A site is opaque if it does not divulge any of the following points; (a) the name of the property on which the available hotel room is located, (b) the precise location of the property on which the available hotel room is located, (c) the identity, brand or flag affiliation of the hotel that will provide such available room, and (d) other specific information that may divulge the property's identity (e.g., exact property restaurant name).
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include (a) Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package, in which the property does not provide the extra service, including, but not limited to accommodations plus airfare and/or car rental and/or cruise, and (b) hotel accommodations sold with value added amenities, including, but not limited to, free breakfast and hotel parking.
- The Best Rate Guarantee applies to a Competing Rate with rate limitations that are substantially similar to the rate limitations of the rate that can be booked on a PHS-branded Website (the "Best Available Rate"). Rate limitations include, but are not limited to, advance purchase requirements, prepayment and deposit requirements, and cancellation and change policies. If there is no Best Available Rate available that has substantially similar rate rules to that of the Competing Rate, and the Competing Rate is lower than any available PHS Hotel Rate, PHS Hotel, in its sole discretion, may honor the Competing Rate with the applicable PHS Hotel Rate Limitations, room type, and amenities plus a Best Rate Guarantee Reward, provided it meets all other Terms and Conditions. PHS Hotel reserves the right to deny a claim where the Competing Rate is equal to the PHS Hotel Rate, and the rate limitations are substantially the same or the Competing Rate has more restrictive rate limitations than the PHS Hotel Rate.
The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to unpublished rates. Unpublished rates are rates not available to the general public. Rates not available to the general public include, but are not
- Corporate discount rates
- Group rates
- Meeting rates
- Any rates requiring membership in a club such as AAA rates or AARP rates, affinity program, or other organization where the rates are targeted specifically toward a specific group of individuals and not intended for the general public.
- Direct mail solicitations
- Electronic mail solicitations
- Any rates requiring a discount code or coupon
- PHS Hotel Associates have the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including, but not limited to, determining that the claim is for the same hotel, room type, dates, and that it meets all Terms and Conditions, and Claims Processing requirements.
- A claim must be submitted 24 hours prior to, or within 24 hours after, making a reservation through a PHS-branded Website, and 24 hours before scheduled arrival. If the original reservation was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable. An original reservation refers to the initial reservation made through a PHS-branded Website and does not include modified or cancelled reservations. Please click here to download the PHS claim form.
- The PHS Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to existing reservations booked through a Competing Room provider. If a reservation is booked through a Competing Room provider, PHS is not responsible for any fees associated with the cancellation of that reservation.
- The PHS Best Rate Guarantee does not apply if the Competing Rate is found on a PHS-branded Website.
- PHS reserves the right to deny a claim, if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Competing Rate at the time it processes the claim.